
This picture was taken by a fellow Coastie wife's husband. He is aboard an ice breaker that I think is on a Northern patrol. Due to operational security rules, we are not supposed to say exactly where they are. She has posted some great pictures he has sent her on Facebook, but this one took the cake! When Lee was on northern patrols, he would show me the pictures people took after he got home. It was a great idea, because the Bering Sea is not a friendly place in the middle of winter.
We sort of got a housing update today...not really a good one either. :( It turns out the floors need more work than originally predicted. Thankfully the money spenders seem to be on top of it and are aggressively pursuing all means to get this going again. The housing officer is as eager to get us and the other families in there, just as much as we want to be there. I cross my fingers to be in there by Thanksgiving....but feel it may be a little while after that. It is such a tough choice, we could probably find a place to rent....but the funds we had when we got here just are not there now (spent over 2k on truck repairs, a little on motorcycle repairs and the expense of living in this temp housing has eaten most of it away), and the places that allow pets are not in safe areas where I would be comfortable. So, we are in a holding pattern. I always thought I was a patient soul....NOT!!! Poor Lee, he has to tell me when things are not going well....I feel bad for him...but I think he should take pictures of my face...we could maybe win a prize!!
My mantra now is "good things come to those who wait"....followed by Dora's (from Finding Nemo) "just keep swimming". Ahhhh....deep cleansing breath.... working on that :) again!
like one of my favorite quotes my dear, BE like aDUCK... calm on the waters surface, but paddling likethe DICKENS underneath! hehe hang in there dear. :)
ReplyDelete