Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ya put the lime in the coconut, and you shake it all up






Let me introduce you to my psychic friend.....Christine. She and I were introduced way back in 1983, our boyfriends at the time were best friends....well those relationships did not work out but Christine and I did. We have gone through a lot together, way more than I ever imagined. We do not talk often, which is my fault, because I am an awful phone talker (made even worse because I have the worst cell coverage here), but if she had a flower for everytime I thought of her...her world would be nothing but roses. We have single handedly kept Hallmark afloat these last 26 years....shooting cards back and forth. Chris is the friend that hears the quiet sighs and more often than I like to admit...can read between the lines when I write. Today I picked up the mail, I had gotten cards from Chris the other day, so I was surprised there was a package. I eagerly opened it....Chris never gives me hints, so it could have been anything...I was excited. When I got the box open, I thought...."Did she lose her mind??" She sent me a box with two coconuts and two limes and some seahells. Then I read the card, it was one of those cards that sings....and it sung "Put the lime in the coconut and drink them both together, put the lime in the coconut make you feel better, put the lime in the coconut drink them all up, put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning".....IT MADE MY MONTH!!!! I giggled out loud, the card said if all else failed I could throw the coconuts to make me feel better. Well it worked, I feel so much better.

Christine, this is the crappiest time of year for you...and you took a moment to make my day better. I love you, you mean so much to me...I am so grateful for you!

How long until I get the lime and the coconut song out of my head....."I say doctor........"......more giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment