Deana and Elaine came for a very welcomed visit!! They drove down on Tuesday and were here by dinner time!! I was so excited, I must have texted them like crazy while they were driving! I was so happy to see them, they were a great distraction from what seems to be the "long term, hurry up and wait" my life has become.
On Wednesday, we did the drive around Eureka and saw the fancy Victorian mansions. We made our donation at the casino....none of us won at all!! They went with me to pick up Elliott at school....Elaine decided Elliott needed ice cream. So, we stopped for some....Elliott had two scoops...a huge cup of ice cream! We also stopped at the scrapbook store that day....fun stuff! Thursday started out so well.....we headed to Ferndale, first stop...Centerville Beach. We took lots of pictures, played in the sand, the usual stuff. I glance up and see a Coast Guard helo, as I point up to it to show the girls...a huge wave smacks me and I am soaked, the wave had enough force to pull off one of my favorite flip flops too!! If you see my lavender flip flop....call me! With pants wet and full of sand we head back to Main street Ferndale, getting our fill of garlic bread and pizza at Ferndale Pizza Co. Then walked up and down the street checking out the shops. We headed back into Eureka, and I stopped to pick up the mail...this is where the day gets a little crappy! I get back in the truck....it won't start. It won't start at all...crap!! Deana and Elaine learned that Jeanine does not do well with a broken truck, especially when Elliott is stuck at school! We get a hold of Lee, who comes to get the key's to Elaine's car and goes to get Elliott. The girls and I wait for the tow truck....those will be fun pictures to post in the scrapbook. The truck gets loaded up and we get to go for a ride in the tow truck!! Woo hoo!! We get the truck dropped off for repair...and Lee comes to pick us up, in Elaine's tiny Honda...kinda like a clown car with all of us unloading out of it! The best part of Thursday....Deana had Elliott hook up the Wii, and we challenged Elliott to some games. It turned out to be a grueling battle between all of us....the pictures are priceless! For some reason, if I am as close to the tv as possible...I do better!! So much fun!!!
Friday, we headed for the Redwoods!!! We made plans to walk up Fern Canyon, which is beautiful. It is so different than when we went 10 years ago, storms have changed the 'canyon' quite a bit. We had fun though. Once back to the car and a quick peek at the park map, we went on the scenic drive. So pretty, huge trees on either side of the road. Got out and took some pictures!! I wish we had more time (had to be back to pick up my truck)....I would have liked to walk through the Lady Bird Johnson Grove (which was where the park was dedicated in 1968.....gotta love PBS). We took advantage of the beautiful day and stopped in Trinidad for lunch.....the scenery there is amazing! The ocean is turquoise there!! We got the truck picked up. Us girls, decided we would try Lost Coast Brewery for dinner. We got Deana to try the beer sampler....10 glasses (4 ounces each) of different beers!!! She made it through all of them!! It was a real nice dinner, It was a fun night, full of giggles!!!
They headed out on Saturday morning...kind of a bummer!! I was so happy to have them here. Lee and Elliott had a blast too!! MUCH LOVE TO DEANA AND ELAINE FOR MAKING THE TREK HERE!!! I HAD A BLAST AND I LOVE YA!!!
See the following post for more pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment