Thursday, August 26, 2010

Got my head back in the game...

Above, is a picture of the new gym!! I used to drive about 8 miles to the one in Arcata. The new gym is about a mile from where we live. After vacation...I was admittedly, struggling with going back to the gym...I was only going when I had an appointment with the trainer...which led to only once a week for a couple weeks. I talked it over with Jaime (my trainer), and she told me is was totally normal....that even sometimes she struggles. In the last two weeks I have brought myself back up to 4 times a week....I even attended a class. The class was on my list of goals....my list also includes, trying a pilates class, and swimming lessons...and zumba, which is kinda like dancing I hear.


This change of lifestyle has been hard.....it is such a slow process, that sometimes you feel a little defeated. Turning the fat into muscle does not make the scale go down..in fact it goes up a little, as muscle weighs more than fat...go figure! The scale is the enemy, I have decided...and it is so easy to become obsessed by that number. My new numbers to concentrate on are my blood pressure, my cholesterol, and not so much the size of my pants.



No comments:

Post a Comment