Today is Coast Guard Day.....actually it is the 22
oth anniversary of the Coast Guard. In the Coast Guard community, it is usually met with some sort of festivities!!! In
Petaluma...we always made our way over to Six Flags (Marine World...for those that knew the place back in the day)...for rides and a catered lunch. Here in Humboldt....where the CG community is a lot smaller, we are headed out to the Trinity River, for a
bbq lunch and a desert contest. It should be fun. Lee has been out there since 7am this morning, getting together with the other Chief's to help put on the feast. Megan (my niece) and I are heading over with Cirrus (my buddy across the street) and her kids....Elliott is
choosing to stay home...can't say I blame him, sometimes these events can be interesting to say the least. Cirrus let me sample her "earthquake cake" she is entering in the contest....I need to get the recipe for that...it was amazing! I hope she wins!!
Mike is coming this weekend to pick up Megan.....I really hope my Dad comes along. It would be a super fast visit, but I want them to see where I live. Cross your fingers!
Well...Cirrus just texted me and said we are about to load up....hoping to get some fun pics to blog about next!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment