Mike mentioned a few times, that he had forgotten what the drive (WA to CA) was like.....we took this drive countless times as kids. I wonder if he recognized the camp place near Big Lagoon...where we camped once..the ocean was so loud that none of us slept. We took a lot of road trips as a family....Dad saw airplanes 40 plus hours a week....so I think he liked road trips better. We camped once in the Sierra's...all of us got sick, even our dog....nothing like being sick and the only bathroom is an outhouse! We drove to Wyoming through the hot desert...once I got in trouble for popping Mike in the nose and giving him a bloody nose. I wonder what passer-by's thought as my parents got out of the car with a bloody pillowcase. My mom always loaded a bag full of things to keep us busy...this was long, long before Gameboy's and mini DVD players...we played travel bingo and we had these tablets with special pens that revealed the answers to questions....I am surprised we were not dropped off on the side of the road, we must have made our parents crazy.
Mike said he was hoping to come back real soon....on a road trip with his kids....I hope they do, and that they make memories as fun as the once he and I have of road trips with our parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment