Monday, August 30, 2010

A welcome surprise!!!

Ben, Mary, Me, Uncle Bob and Aunt Myrna...and Key, the shyest dog ever!


A few days ago, while on Facebook, I responded to a comment my cousin Mary made...she was in Southern California and I said "Hey...we are out of the way, but stop by!!". Well...last Friday morning she put a message on Facebook asking of it was still cool to stop in! I was so excited!! Elliott and I made a made rush to Costco and Safeway for groceries and then we waited for them to get here. They pulled in around 8:30pm, and they easily got the travel trailer situated in front of the house and we got her plugged in. Dinner was ready for the weary travelers when they arrived...Lee grilled some awesome London broil. My buddy Susan was here too, so she got to meet them as well.....by the way Susan, I owe you another date!!

We had a short, but sweet visit, and I loved talking to my Aunt Myrna, while everyone else was still asleep. I had fun playing the Wii, and with the Nerf guns with Ben....he is such a cutie, I cannot believe how fast he is growing. When he left, he wanted me to go with them, made me feel pretty special!

I think that these visits from family and friends are my favorite part of living here...we have been blessed with visits from Deana, Elaine, Patty and her son, Megan, Brandon, Mike, Mary and Uncle Bob and Aunt Myrna...not to forget the friends we have here, the built in support system has been priceless!







No comments:

Post a Comment