Elliott recieving his diploma....really just the fancy cover!
After the graduation...one proud momma!!!
The graduates filing in the Albee Stadium
My dad, Lee, Elliott, Mason and Mike
Elliott and Mason
Wow.....I am full of it.....full of happiness. My house is full of family and pets....my sweet grandpuppies are here! I find them irresistible. Right now, Mike and Mason...and probably Key are crashed on the couch...I have no idea when everyone went to bed....I did not make it much passed 10 last night. I was exhausted. I had gotten up early to get Elliott to graduation practice. Yesterday was a great day....we even had some warm sunshine, I think we all have a little sunburn even. It made the day even better. Elliott was supported by us, our neighbors and Susan and Emily....it was fun to cheer him. I only cried a couple times....usually when someone references their mom in a speech...because I know how proud my mom would have been of Elliott.
For Elliott, I think it was a little bittersweet. Changing high schools right in the middle was hard for him. Leaving your best friends behind and an area you love...was tough on him. He persevered. He trudged through it bravely. He did stuff with the back packing group and joined track...he put himself out there. That is hard when you are the new kid. As we get ready to meet with his advisers for college, and get him registered for his first college classes...I wonder how he will do with this challenge....but I don't wonder for long....because I know Elliott can do anything!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment