
Looking east towards the Samoa bridge

Woodley Island Marina

Looking west towards the Samoa pulp mills
Lee and I took advantage of a sunny morning...it is more typical for mornings to start gray and turn sunny...and headed to Old Town Eureka. We sipped coffee (well, Lee sipped a frappaccino) and strolled around. It was nice....Old Town could be so awesome, the old Victorian buildings that have stood for more than a hundred years tend to take a back seat, to something maybe a little less desirable....a large homeless population. We stopped at the chocolate store...which is lovely...but the outside of the building reeks of urine. There is a great waterfront walkway...but you tend to not want to make eye contact with a passer-by. It is the type of city you tend to either love or hate...I must be a glutton for punishment...because I do love Eureka. I am fascinated with the history, the architecture, the mystery of the "lost" coast. There has to be something that keeps us coming back.
We miss Elliott, and cannot wait to pick him up on Friday. It has been a fun week though. Lee got off work early on Friday and we had a picnic (in the car, because it was pretty chilly) at the marina. After almost 22 years together, we are still happy to hang out with each other....a DVD and some popcorn is still the perfect evening to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment