Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Elliott's moment is almost here....

Elliott's cap and gown for graduation.

First....I am sorry about the lack of blog posts the last two weeks...Lee commandeered my laptop and put it in the garage to write his last two papers for his E-business course. The garage might be where he can put on his thinking cap...but it is not conducive to blogging!!


Elliott's graduation is now officially "the day after tomorrow"....I am so excited for him. Excited about what lies ahead. We will head to College of the Redwoods on Monday to meet with an advisor, and get him enrolled with his classes for fall! He is starting to get cards from near and far...he likes the stories about who the cards are from....one was from a friend of my dad's, that my dad has known for over 50 years, one from friends we met in Texas, and the one from his Grandpa Lee's best friend from when he was in the Air Force. It is fun to share with him memories he may not have because he was little.

A friend at the gym asked how I was doing with Elliott's graduation....I told her, I cry every day...I don't know what my problem is. I cried on Monday, as I made my last school lunch. I cry during commercials...gosh I even shed a tear during the Real Housewives of Orange County reunion show. It is a hard time for a mom...you wonder what your place is. Yet, as I am feeling these "woe is me" feeling and feeling like my boys don't need me anymore...along came last weekend when (as if the sensed it) both boys asked for my advice on things. Lee probably thinks I am crazy, because I ran out into the garage happily proclaiming..."My boys still need me!!"

Tomorrow....the troops are loading into my dad's care and heading south. My dad, Mike and Mason, along with my grandpuppies Bianca and Adelle are headed here to celebrate Elliott's graduation with us. Arrielle was unable to get all 4 days off, I am bummed I do not get to show her off, but I am so happy the guys are coming! It would have felt odd not to have them here. We are blessed with friends and neighbors that want to make Elliott's day special....and I thank all of them!!!

It is gonna be a great day...pictures to follow in the next couple days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment