
Mason's tattoo in honor of his friend Spc. Adam Patton

Arrielle's tattoo, in honor of Adam
Today, the governor of Washington state ordered that all flags in Washington be flown at half-mast in honor of Spc. Adam Patton....Mason and Arrielle honored him too, with tattoo's. It has been a crazy week....I should have blogged earlier in the week, but my mind keeps wondering back to Adam. I wish I could say I knew him well, but I did not. I feel like I did, because Mason has great stories of him. I heard/read about people complaining about simple things this week...like "someone backed in to my new car"...."the line at the grocery store was ridiculous"..."I wish my child would just go to bed"....really people!!!! I can only think that those things are really not worth complaining about, you can fix a car, sooner or later it will be your turn in line. I have a couple people on my facebook friends that complain about their kids sleep habits...we have all done it from one time or another. I gotta tell you, as the mom of a 20 and an 18 year old....I would love to hold my boys (as little boys, of course) on my lap one more time. I miss those days.
Losing Adam, has given me a better perspective. It helped me to realize, I cannot fix everything...sometimes things are not meant to be fixed. You never know what tomorrow will bring...but you can grasp tomorrow and live it to its fullest.
Amen. Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDelete