Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Arcata.....

We headed out for the Arcata Farmers Market last Saturday. We lived in Arcata from 1992-1995, so we wanted to check it out. Let's just say...the 60's are not quite over in Arcata. It is a place where dreadlocks and smoking pot in public are the norm. It does have lots of charm though....and the best farmers market in the area. We walked around the Plaza, peeking at the vendors. I saw vegetables, I had never even heard of...what is a lemon cucumber...when I looked at it, I could not tell which it was??? All that fruit and vegi's almost makes you want to try out being a vegetarian. We window shopped the stores around the plaza....amazing bookstores, a music store where you can still buy vinyl records, real wood furniture (where we bought the boys' bunkbeds a long time ago), and Bubbles (where you can make your own scent and add
it to whatever lotion or body wash you'd like), neat stationary stores too.
Lee and Mason checked out a music shop, where Lee found a $1200 guitar and Mace found one for $2500. Yikes! Maybe, I should play the lottery.
Arcata, is still pretty neat...you just need to get over the hippie factor. It is a treat on a Saturday morning with its sights and sounds...maybe next time I will go alone...and I will get one of those lemon cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment