Earlier, I blogged about certain things reminding me of people I have loved and lost. This flower reminds me of my mom. Their proper name is, Amaryllis belladonna...Pink Naked Ladies....we just called them naked ladies!! We had lots of them at our house in San Jose when I was much younger, but they did not get uprooted when the family moved back to Auburn , WA. My mom always said how much she loved them. When we were stationed here (in Humboldt) the last time my mom found a nursery that specialized in bulbs, and we set out to find them. She bought a bag full, and the ones that have survived the winter, still bloom every summer. I found these few stalks, alone on the side of a pasture, yesterday when we headed into town....pulled over and made Mason take a picture! I miss you Mom!
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Naked Ladies!!!
Earlier, I blogged about certain things reminding me of people I have loved and lost. This flower reminds me of my mom. Their proper name is, Amaryllis belladonna...Pink Naked Ladies....we just called them naked ladies!! We had lots of them at our house in San Jose when I was much younger, but they did not get uprooted when the family moved back to Auburn , WA. My mom always said how much she loved them. When we were stationed here (in Humboldt) the last time my mom found a nursery that specialized in bulbs, and we set out to find them. She bought a bag full, and the ones that have survived the winter, still bloom every summer. I found these few stalks, alone on the side of a pasture, yesterday when we headed into town....pulled over and made Mason take a picture! I miss you Mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment