Thank goodness it is sunny outside...it helps with my mood! I took the my trusty steed (aka...the Suburban) in for an oil change today. The service advisor comes to me and says "Jeanie (ugh...I know, he said my name wrong) come back here, I want to show you something". My stomach flips and I get an instant headache. He takes me back and shows me what has been my oil plug, for goodness knows how long...it looks like an old tin can lid with half a nickel attached. I do not know when it was placed there or why. He explains, that they can get it off, but these are usually placed on when the threads are stripped, because they have a rubber seal that expands to the size needed. Are ya still with me..??? Anyways, if they remove the plug, they could damage the oil pan and I am stuck...with no choices. We (myself and my previous mechanic) have been monitoring a small amount of oil seeping onto my oil pan for a while...so I bit the bullet and told him to go ahead and replace the whole oil pan...woo hoo, he will toss in the oil change for free. UGH!
There is also an issue with the steering...a place in Port Orchard said they could not do an alignment because these two arms (pitman and idler) were bad. I got a second opinion on those....and I am glad I did. Only the pitman arm is bad. They took the time to show me what is going on with both. I love when a mechanic/service center does that...show me what they are gonna charge me an arm, a leg and half my other leg for. So, now the parts are getting ordered and my truck goes in for a "spa" day next week.
In all my stress of figuring out where I will get all the money from...I forgot to call my dad (HI DAD!!). My stupid cell phone does not do well out here in the country...so I call my dad when I go into "town". My mood goes from stressed to feeling like a bad daughter....but then I see it....a bright blue sky and the sunshine!!! My mood is lifted a little and I know everything will be ok.
Sunshine...natures Valium. Probably my mom sending me a message to "take a chill pill!"
No comments:
Post a Comment