The cows are in the pasture around the house again....I am surprised by how much I love when they are close. They cough and sneeze....make funny noises! I wondered out loud how gross a cow sneeze must be...Susan said their boogers are like oysters!! GROSS! Another reason not to like oysters!
I should have taken the cows around the house as a sign...of the bullshit to come later in the week. I have always been supportive of Lee and the Coast Guard. I never really moaned and groaned with all the time Lee has spent away from us. My faith in the Guard was unwavering....until this week, they took almost 20 years of faith and tossed it out the window. We have repeatedly been told housing was going to be available. We were even ok with the wait, so when we inquired after waiting the six weeks the had told us about....we were a little shocked at the reply that it could be a couple more months...if even then. I cannot wait that long. I will not sacrifice my friendship with Susan and her family (although they have been so wonderful and supportive). I need to set this circus down....Elliott needs a bed to sleep on, and get a routine going. Mason is counting days until he can see Arrielle (20 to go)...so I do not worry about him. So, we are in a desperate search for a place to live. They few we have found so far that will consider pets....are not in the best parts of town. The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. Spending the last couple years with my dad has taught me to be a saver...and thank goodness...because we are about to wipe out the safety net.
On a good note...this week had some good moments too. I got to catch up with Leanne...whose life could not get any busier. I was able to have a phone chat with my little brother, who I miss a lot more than I thought I would..I love you lil bro'!!! My dad makes me laugh...he reads my blog and calls me with the best support. One of the best things about staying in the Moranda-Scilacci household is the dinner table. Seven people around the table talking about their day is awesome. We have made game too....first person to get "poop" into the conversation wins. It is always good for a belly laugh....not always good when your mouth is full!
Wish us luck on the househunt!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment