Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The view from here...


Ahhhh....a sunny day can do wonders for the soul. So can an amazing view.....the ocean view is the view I see while waiting for Lee to get off from work! The helo, is one that was coming in to land at the base. The base just received two new helo's (Dolphin MH-65...it is an updated helo, http://www.times-standard.com/localnews/ci_13175640)...and they must be flying them like crazy, because I have been seeing them everyday.
The front light is out on Lee's motorcycle (part should be here Thursday) and the Corvette is winking (one light does not want to come up) and school started. What a combo. So, Elliott gets ready for school a little early....we drive Lee to work then I take Elliott to school. I come back to Ferndale and work on the house hunt. Then, in the afternoon I pick up Elliott from school, we head to the base and pick up Lee and then head back to Ferndale.....just those tasks is 155 miles a day. Yikes for the gasoline bill!!! It is only for a couple days, and I have enjoyed sitting and watching the waves roll in. It has been beautiful in the afternoons....well worth the wait.
Mason continues to help at the dairy, he rolled in this evening like he was on his last leg! He spent the day moving pipe (irrigation pipes), feeding calves, and other farm chores. He does not get paid anything but the satisfaction that he can say he did it. I think it is admirable....he will always remember the summer he learned to milk a cow!! Elliott has the "it's better than I thought it would be" attitude for school. So far, so good. I am sure it will be easier when we get a place and he has his own bed, and all of his room put together. He has been a trooper though. I am so grateful for boys that have been pretty adaptable their whole lives....but they really do not know any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment