
So, I was out and about running a couple errands. I did the Winco trip for groceries....felt good, saved some money by going there instead of my beloved Safeway. I am even starting to like it here, and beginning to get over the home sickness that seems to be looming over me. I did a quick trip to the post office, to get some cute stamps....it is a girl thing! As I left there and made my way to the main road, I caught sight of reality. I saw a line of people a block long waiting for food at the food bank. It was that slap in the face I needed, to put me back in that grateful mode! I have a fridge and pantry full of food for my family, I have friends and family that are always there for me, I have a loving and supportive husband. I could not imagine standing in that line, and it breaks my heart. I have decided that every payday, I will donate a bag of canned goods to the food bank...I would like to challenge those that read my blog to do the same.
Here is where it gets weird and gross....I pick up my mail at a UPS store. So, I pull in to a parking spot...remember that I wanted to call Elliott's school. I am making the call, leaving a message for his counselor (we have a teacher that is kind of a turd).....and this man, that was napping on the bench in front of the SSA office, gets up fiddles with his pants and proceeds to pee next to the building. Needless to say, I will pick up my mail tomorrow...or the day after, or when I can get that image out of my mind! GROSS!! Humboldt county is beautiful, but it comes with the price, the homeless population is high here....
One a good note, I am making beef stroganoff for dinner....yumm-o-rama!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment