Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering September 11th, 2001


It is hard to believe that September 11th was 8 years ago. I can remember that day so clearly. I had gotten up early, because I was supposed to open the gas station (on base) in Petaluma that morning....I come downstairs to put my shoes on, Lee mentioned that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center in New York, I thought that is crazy. I look up at the tv, and at that moment I see "live" the second plane crash into the other tower. I remember my disbelief....and being afraid. There was no tv in the gas station, and thankfully someone brought me a radio to listen to. The news of the day just got worse, with the crash into the Pentagon and the crash in Pennsylvania. That day started a sequence of events that changed our country forever. We went to war. I hope that you will take a moment today to remember those that lost their lives that day....and another of for their families. Take a moment too, to give some respect for those in the military, serving here at home and overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment