Sunday, September 20, 2009

Worse than childbirth...

There is something more painful than childbirth....and that would be letting them leave the nest. Mason headed back to Washington yesterday. With all his hopes and dreams packed into his backpack. The plan is to finish school up there. Although, by the looks of this one picture...he still cannot resist the urge to play with Lego's. So, I watched him go beyond the point where I could no longer hold his hand.....through the TSA barricade. I fretted that I was putting my baby on such a small plane.....but he made it to Seattle in record time. Met there by Mike, who took him back to my dad's for a little bit and then over to the west side where Arrielle was waiting.
I did not think it would be this hard....I feel like such a big baby. I went to Leanne's 50th birthday party last night...so much fun, still laughing at the apron's....and got to see some old friends, Carrie and Margaret, who thankfully assured me I was totally normal.

I think maybe harder for mom's...the boys have been the center of my universe for 19 years and now I feel like the planets are spinning wildly out of control. Poor Elliott, who probably wants to kick Mace's butt for leaving him here alone with the crazy mom.
I always knew they would leave and go off to college someday....but I think that as long as I looked at them and saw them as my babies that day would never come....yesterday I had to look at Mason and realize...my baby is now a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment