Friday, December 13, 2013

12 Days of Christmas...Day 1



I thought I would share 12 days of special holiday memories and pictures...

Above is Miss Mahoney on her first visit to see Santa last Christmas, I cannot wait to see her picture from this year!

Today's memory...one that I hold pretty special and close to my heart. It's something so simple, but simply perfect.

When we lived in Petaluma, we spent Christmases with Lee and Judy.  On our last Christmas there we went down on Christmas Eve, we got things unloaded and and settled in for some holiday fun.  Lee and Judy, had a great car port and we spent lots of time just hanging out there.  This Christmas Eve, Lee's dad broke out a bottle of Asti Spumonte, a sweet sparkling wine...we drank from regular glasses and toasted the holiday.  It was a simple moment, but it was so special to me...I can hardly explain why.  Maybe because it was the last Christmas we spent with Lee's dad..but I really think it was the fact that it was just the four of us (the boys were inside) sharing a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment