Thursday, December 19, 2013

12 Days of Christmas....Day 6 and 7


Sorry for doubling up on posts.  The above picture is not as gross as it looks...it's actually chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies, Lee's favorite.  It took me 24 years to try and make these for him, they are the cookie his mom used to make for him when he was a kid.  It made me remember my mom 's sugar cookies...they were delicious.  My mouth waters just thinking of them.  

Tonight we may get some snow...my mom used to bake her sugar cookies on snow days.  I remember friends walking through the neighborhood in the snow, because, they knew she had huge jars full of cookies on the kitchen table.  

I am half hoping for some snow....but the grown up in me knows that snow makes for a horrible drive if you have to go anywhere.  Lee and I both have to work tomorrow.  Speaking of work...I went in today and saw the schedule for the next two weeks and saw that I am not scheduled after December 26th.  I knew this job was seasonal, but I made the mistake of believing the people that said, they would be a fool not to keep you.  I am most disappointed that the manager of my department did not even say anything about it, she let the schedule speak for her.  Kinda bummed, but life goes on....just gotta keep swimming! 


No comments:

Post a Comment