Saturday, December 21, 2013

12 Days of Christmas...Days 8 and 9

 Elliott (2007)....doing what he does every Christmas...spending the afternoon playing whichever new video games he recieved.

Mason (2002)....taking that post Christmas morning nap.  I wonder who is more comfortable, him or Texas??

I am really wondering if this 12 days of Christmas was a good idea or not??  I am having an awful time keeping up!!

I don't have a specific holiday memory for today...but there is something that these photos represent that I love...the things that don't change and happen every year.  Here are a few of our yearly things...

*We eat the same thing for Christmas Eve...pizza and Christmas...lasagna. We have done this for 20 years now!!  Cinnamon rolls are served on Christmas morning.

*Elliott has had video games on his Santa list for 17 years...I have saved all of them , although the last couple have been electronic, with links on where to find things!

*Mason...at 23, and a father himself, still gets some Legos every year.

*Lee has to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and It's A Wonderful Life every year...our holiday movie selection is awesome.  I cannot get enough of Christmas movies, so I don't mind this at all.

*I get teary when I put certain ornaments on the tree, like the gold painted pasta ornament Elliott made in first grade.

*Texas lays under the tree in a perfect holiday card pose and one of the cats will eat tinsel from the tree...therefore decorating the deposits left in the cat box with a silvery sparkle.

*I swoon over my first sip of eggnog latte every year!!


I wonder, now that we are home for good and grandparents, what will become the new things we add to the list of holiday "to-do's".  I know Lee will want to go to Poulsbo every year now, I want to see the Macy's Christmas Parade in Seattle next year. 

Christmas is four days away and I am already excited for next year!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment