Saturday, December 14, 2013

The 12 Days of Christmas...Day 2

The boys and our dog Deputy, with Santa 2001


Santa is real....I was taught that from the get go!!  Today is the 7th anniversary of my mom passing away, and she was all about Santa!!  She had/has (up in the attic at my dad's) quite a collection of Santa's.  Santa does not come to your house if you do not believe...and at 47, I still believe.

My mom loved Christmas, and made me love Christmas.  She and I would attend festivals, holiday bazaars, and we loved to see how everything was decorated.

I think I have blogged about my favorite Santa memory before...this memory starts before I could even remember it, I was just a baby (or maybe not even born yet)!!  In my parents neighborhood, there was a man who built a sleigh that was pulled behind a truck, and every Christmas Eve...the sleigh was decorated, and Santa got in and drove through the neighborhood, passing candy canes to children, and full of Christmas spirit...to all of the kids delight!!!  When we had our first Christmas back in Washington in 1983, he was still doing it...and at 17, it was still pure Christmas joy!!  Fifteen years after that, Lee and I took the kids to my parents for Christmas...Santa and his sleigh trudged through the snow that night, and my boys were thrilled...and I was even more delighted, to share the memory with my boys.  People pass away, and family's move on...and Santa does not come through the neighborhood anymore...but I often wonder if that family knows just how many priceless memories they gave to others???

No comments:

Post a Comment