Saturday, December 18, 2010

Company for Christmas....


We have company for Christmas...and they are even staying in Mason's room!! We have the lovely Cocoa, the tortoise and Spike, the bearded dragon... definitely not your usual company!! We offered to watch them for our neighbors, since they were going out of town. We have to feed the lizard crickets...not my cup of tea. Elliott is in charge of feeding them and I am in charge of the heat lamp and the sun lamps they need. God forbid if that lizard should get out...you will hear my screams all over the country! So far the cats have no interest in them...which is why they are sequestered in their own room.


Christmas vacation is finally here! Elliott has two whole weeks to play video games and chat online with his friends. I completed the first part of my class, I got 97% in my medical terminology course. It was harder than I thought it would be, but I really did enjoy it. Lee just took his final for his college mathematics class...thank goodness....it makes him pretty grumpy! Next, I have the second part of my course, medical front office. Lee has an English class next.


This week...Elliott and I have plans to donate blood, grocery shop for the last of the Christmas groceries and I need to make Eunice's snickerdoodles (Eunice was my parents neighbor, since before I was even born...I just got a Christmas card from her husband Mel, it reminded me to make these cookies in her honor)...I can tell you that snickerdoodles are Santa's favorite!! Lee is on holiday routine...meaning he will be home most of the time!! It is kind of nice...I cannot complain.

Mason and Arrielle sent out their Christmas/wedding announcement cards...I hope everyone received them...is that picture perfect or what!!! Today in the mail, I got a big 8x10 picture from them, framed in a pretty frame!!

The rain is just pouring down outside.....I hope it does not cancel tomorrow's lighted tractor parade in Ferndale....I have been looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment