
SNOW!!! In December 2008, just a few days before Christmas....Port Orchard got record snow fall...over a foot. They warned of blizzard conditions, and I kinda laughed it off...because when they say it is going to snow there, nothing seems to happen and you get excited for nothing! Well...this time they were right, it snowed for 2 days....it was beautiful!! Unfortunately, we had really cold temps before the snow came, so there was snow on top of ice...which made for some interesting driving..I did learn how to use 4 wheel drive that winter!! Mason learned to shovel snow...and we were so thankful for a grocery store just a block away. Everything came to a halt all over the Seattle area, no mail, no UPS, no FedEx....made me happy I planned ahead that year and did my shopping early! We had snow on the ground for two weeks...it made for a beautiful Christmas.
I love the sound of snow falling.....it is like a quite hush, kind of hard to describe, but it is the most peaceful sound I have ever heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment