I call this purse, my "cancer bag"...Lee got it for me for my birthday the year my mom got sick. I did not use it for a long time....then the other day I decided to switch purses and I pulled this one off the shelf. I did not use it, mainly because it made me sad. This time, when I looked at it it made me smile and recall why it is called the cancer bag.When someone is getting chemotherapy...you do a lot of hanging out...just waiting for the chemicals to drip into your port (a device placed in the body that is made to recieve the medications and for blood testing, it is easier for the patient). So, I would stuff this bag full of puzzle books, gossip magazines and stuff to keep us occupied. It also has a shoulder strap that made it easier to carry when we were hot roddin' in the wheel chair. I am surprised we did not get hauled out of the hospital, for that and for giggling.
I am usually pretty sad this time of year...because I miss my mom , as I have posted before. Lately though, she has been popping into my memory...with little flashes of happiness...instead of sadness. It has been pretty nice.
Tomorrow....favorite things part three!
No comments:
Post a Comment