This picture is at least 8 or so years old...it was the culmination of a great dinner and a silly trip to a store with Christine and her husband Jonathan. I found this picture while dragging out the holiday decorations...and I have been thinking about blogging about it ever since.I met Chris, way back in 1983...her boyfriend was best friends with my boyfriend...the relationships with those guys did not work out, but she and I did...we like to say we have been together 27 years.
We have gone through everything....divorces, having children, loosing a child, addictions, loosing a parent and making tough choices...we have slipped away from each other at times during these past 27 years, but we have always found our way back to each other. We make one another crazy, but the love for each other keeps us coming back for more.
She can see right through me...even over the phone. She is better at it than Lee. She can tell the shift in my voice means something is going on...she also understands that I may not be ready to talk about it yet..but soon I will. As I get older, I know that friends will come and go...even the ones you think will be there forever. I have had Christine for so long ,I think of her differently than being just my friend...she is part of my soul, she is the gift I give myself. It is hard for me to let people in and knowing she is there is a huge gift.
Besides.....I cannot let her go...she knows too much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment