Tuesday, December 14, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things..part 12, the last one

When I began the "The 12 days of these are a few of my favorite things", I did not realize that the 12th day would actually be....this day.

My mom passed away 4 years ago this morning....and she was/is one of my absolute favorite things. I have posted a million times all the things she has taught me and how much I miss her. I think about her all the time and wonder...."wow, wouldn't my mom just love facebook!!"...what would she think about Mason getting married....I bet she would be amazed at how grown up her grandbabies all are. I know the answer to these questions...my mom would think facebook was amazing, there would have been no stopping her from seeing Mason get married, and she would be so proud of all her grandchildren.

Have I posted how much I love Christmas music?? I love it as much as I love Christmas socks...wanna know why?? When Mason was a baby, my mom would take him in the evening, so I could sleep (Lee was underway)....she loved getting him all to herself. When he would get fussy, she would sing to him.....she sang him Christmas carols. With every holiday song I hear, I hear my mom singing.....well, except for that 'Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer' song..she hated that one.

I miss you Mom...Christmas just is not the same without you, but every year it gets a little better. I feel you in every ornament, every tree, and especially in every Christmas cookie. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment